The Park Railway in Figures
The track covered by the Dresden Park Railway is almost six kilometers long. You can find all technical details of the four locomotives and the carriages in our flyer.
- Track length: 5.6 kilometers
- Track gauge: 15 inch (381 mm)
- 4 locomotives (2 steam and 2 battery-driven)
- Top speed of the locomotives: 30 km/h (the actual maximum speed is 20 km/h)
- Duration of a round tour: 30 minutes
- 5 stations
- Mascot “Parkolino” has been ‘on board’ since July 12, 1998.
The Grand Garden of Dresden and the Dresden Park Railway
Phone +49 351 4456-720
Kavaliershaus C, Hauptallee 10 | 01219 Dresden
Property of State Palaces, Castles and Gardens of Saxony, non profit
+49 (0) 351 4456-600
The Grand Garden of Dresden
The Grand Garden of Dresden is open all year round and at any time of day. There are no admission fees charged. The Grand Garden Palace is open for special exhibitions, concerts and theater performances, which you may find in our list of events.
The Dresden Park Railway
March to October
- Apr 11 – Oct 3, 2017
- 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
- Tue – Sun, public holidays
- Jul - Aug: also running on Mondays
- May 25, 2017 out of service
- Oct 4 – Oct 16,2017
- 10:00 am – 5:00 pm
- Tue – Sun
Trains operate at intervals of about 15 to 30 minutes. Steam locomotives operate at weekends and on public holidays. Schedules may change. Changes of the schedule may be subject to weather conditions.
Subject to modifications.