The Park Railway in Figures
The track covered by the Dresden Park Railway is almost six kilometers long. You can find all technical details of the four locomotives and the carriages in our flyer.
- Track length: 5.6 kilometers
- Track gauge: 15 inch (381 mm)
- 4 locomotives (2 steam and 2 battery-driven)
- Top speed of the locomotives: 30 km/h (the actual maximum speed is 20 km/h)
- Duration of a round tour: 30 minutes
- 5 stations
- Mascot “Parkolino” has been ‘on board’ since July 12, 1998.
The service posts
Around 120 boys and girls work as Park Railway staff and 60 youths as assistants for the Park Railway on a voluntary basis in their leisure time.
The training for filling the service posts along the railway track begins every year together with the start of the new school year and is conducted at a model instruction railway 70 sqm in size.
Subject to modifications.