The Park Railway in Figures
The track covered by the Dresden Park Railway is almost six kilometers long. You can find all technical details of the four locomotives and the carriages in our flyer.
- Track length: 5.6 kilometers
- Track gauge: 15 inch (381 mm)
- 4 locomotives (2 steam and 2 battery-driven)
- Top speed of the locomotives: 30 km/h (the actual maximum speed is 20 km/h)
- Duration of a round tour: 30 minutes
- 5 stations
- Mascot “Parkolino” has been ‘on board’ since July 12, 1998.
The service posts
Around 120 boys and girls work as Park Railway staff and 60 youths as assistants for the Park Railway on a voluntary basis in their leisure time.
The training for filling the service posts along the railway track begins every year together with the start of the new school year and is conducted at a model instruction railway 70 sqm in size.
The Grand Garden of Dresden
The Grand Garden of Dresden is open all year round and at any time of day. There are no admission fees charged. The Grand Garden Palace is open for special exhibitions, concerts and theater performances, which you may find in our list of events.
The Dresden Park Railway
March to October
- Mrch 25 – Oct 7, 2018
10:00 am - 6:00 pm
Tue – Sun, public holidays
- Jul - Aug: also running on Mondays
- May 10, 2018 out of service
- Oct 9 – Oct 21, 2018
- 10:00 am – 5:00 pm
- Tue – Sun
Trains operate at intervals of about 15 to 30 minutes. Steam locomotives operate at weekends and on public holidays. Schedules may change. Changes of the schedule may be subject to weather conditions.
Subject to modifications.