Covering 147 hectares, the Grand Garden is one of Europe’s most important garden estates. Today, the impressive testimonial to Baroque and English landscape design with its diversity in flora and fauna is a popular recreational resort at the heart of Dresden.
- Full rate 6,00 EUR
- Reduced rate 3,00 EUR
Round trip for Park Railway (without getting off and in again)
- Full rate: EUR 6.00
- Reduced rate*: EUR 3.00
- 2 adults and up to 4 children*: EUR 15.00
- 1 adult and up to 2 children**: EUR 9.00
- Group rate (15 people and more): EUR 5.00 per person
- Group rate for pupils (10 pupils and more): EUR 2.00 per person
Tickets per station
- Full rate: EUR 1.00
- Reduced rate: EUR 0.50
Our tipp: On Thursdays, there is senior citizens’ days. Senior citizens aged 65 and above pay reduced rates only.
Subject to modifications.
There are hotels and pensions in the immediate vicinity of the Grand Garden of Dresden. To find a suitable accommodation, please go to the well-known websites.
Benefits with the schloesserlandPASS
Free admission to the park
The Grand Garden of Dresden is open all year round and at any time of day. There are no admission fees charged.
50 % discount offered on the regular ticket rate
Arrival & map
- via A4/17, all exits to Dresden city center (Dresden Zentrum)
- follow the signposts to Dresden Zoo or the »Transparent Factory« (Glaeserne Manufaktur)
- parking facilities along the surrounding roads or at outdoor swimming pool »Georg-Arnhold-Bad«
- no cars allowed in the Grand Garden of Dresden
- take tram line 9,10 or 11 from Dresden Main Station
By bus and tram
- tram lines 1, 2, 4, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13
- bus lines 61, 63, 75, 85
- stops Strassburger Platz, Comeniusplatz, Grosser Garten (Hygienemuseum), Lennéplatz, Querallee, Tiergartenstrasse
- interactive and multimodal planning of your trip at Greenmobility
The Grand Garden of Dresden
The Grand Garden of Dresden is open all year round and at any time of day. There are no admission fees charged. The Grand Garden Palace is open for special exhibitions, concerts and theater performances, which you may find in our list of events.
The Dresden Park Railway
March to October
- Apr 11 – Oct 3, 2017
- 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
- Tue – Sun, public holidays
- Jul - Aug: also running on Mondays
- May 25, 2017 out of service
- Oct 4 – Oct 16,2017
- 10:00 am – 5:00 pm
- Tue – Sun
Trains operate at intervals of about 15 to 30 minutes. Steam locomotives operate at weekends and on public holidays. Schedules may change. Changes of the schedule may be subject to weather conditions.
Subject to modifications.
The Grand Garden of Dresden and the Dresden Park Railway
Kavaliershaus C, Hauptallee 10 | 01219 Dresden
Property of State Palaces, Castles and Gardens of Saxony, non profit